The Queen of Memes
3 for Momma tagged me for this meme. You guys know that I love a good meme so here are the instructions for this one:
The Rules: Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. or Share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list. or Share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old. Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. The tagees have a choice of which they want to do.
Since I have about 100 random things about me in my 100th post I think that I’ll go with the things I never imagined in my future when I was 25. That was only 6 years ago, but things didn’t work out quite like I thought.
1. I never thought that I would have 3 kids in 4 years. I got pregnant with Baby #1 when I was 25 and after having him I thought that 2 kids would be plenty (I originally wanted 4). I also didn’t think that Baby #1 and Baby #2 would be quite as close in age as they are (they’re 21 months apart). It only took us about 2 months to get pregnant- we were thinking more like 6. As I’ve said before Baby #3 was a complete surprise.
2. I never thought that I’d have such good girlfriends. I’ve made 2 really good friends over the last couple of years and their friendships mean so much to me. They’re the type of friends that will help me out whenever I need it- it’s been such a blessing to have 2 go-to girls. It’s truly one of the biggest gifts God has given me.
3. I never dreamed that my dad would be dead. If you had told me that my dad would die of a heart attack in 4 short years I wouldn’t have believed it. He didn’t lead a lifestyle that would lead to such things- especially at such a young age. We have some heart and stroke issues in our family, but again not at such a young age. I never thought that he wouldn’t see his grandbabies grow up.
4. Okay- on to something lighter. I never thought that I’d be driving a mini-van. I fought the good fight, but when I got pregnant with Baby #3 there was no more fighting. I had to surrender. I’m so glad that I did- I really do love my van. It’s so handy. We have room for all of our junk- and with 3 kids there’s a plethora of junk to be hauled around on a daily basis (the sit-n-stand stroller, the umbrella stroller, 2 backpacks for pre-school, a diaper bag- need I go on).
5. I didn’t realize how great my marriage would be. I got married when I was 23 and I can honestly say that there’s never been a moment that I’ve regretted marrying Hubs. I didn’t think that it would get worse as it went on- but I didn’t realize how it would just get better and better. That’s saying a lot considering how stressful it can be to have 3 young kids.