My 100th Post!!!
I can’t believe that I’ve lasted this long. I’m not great at sticking with things so I’m pretty proud that I’ve made it this far. So let’s get started.
1. I was born in Kokomo, Indiana.
2. Also lived in Des Moines, Iowa
3. Moved to Texas when I was 4.
4. I had a wonderful childhood.
5. Since mine was so great I want that for my kids too.
6. I moved quite a bit when I was younger.
7. Because of that I’m very adaptable and always up for an adventure.
8. I worked at Sonic drive in on and off for several years.
9. Tips were great.
10. Spent way too much money on the food.
11. I love to watch football.
12. My highschool boyfriend taught me the rules and I’ve been hooked ever since.
13. I had 3 majors in college.
14. First was fashion merchandising.
15. Loved it, but realized I would most likely have a job working weekends and didn’t want to do that.
16. I dropped out of college and ended up moving to Virginia Beach, Va to be closer to my then boyfriend- Hubs.
17. We met in a chat room on the internet- 10 1/2 years ago.
18. I was talking to so many different people that night I couldn’t remember exactly who he was when I saw him in there the next day.
19. I made the first move.
20. I asked for his number and called him.
21. I’m convinced that we wouldn’t be together today if I had waited for him to make the first move.
22. We were married 3 years later.
23. Baby #1 came 3 years later (on the same day we met 7 years before- June 10).
24. We decided to move to Texas to be close to my family again.
25. I went to school to become a massage therapist.
26. Loved it, but soon realized it would be hard to make money (takes forever to build a good base) so I substitute taught to supliment.
27. I worked with my mom (she’s a special ed teacher) as an aide for about 2 months.
28. Watching the speech therapist inspired my next major.
29. I went back to school to major in speech pathology.
30. Got pregnant with Baby #1 and realized that a major that requires a masters degree isn’t realistic when I was only taking 6 hours at a time.
31. Since Baby #1 is now in speech therapy I’m able to use my very limited skills to help him with his speech homework.
32. Changed major to Sociology.
33. Love the major and hope to finish my degree when all of my kids are in school.
34. I’m a horrible cook.
35. I’m trying though- although I don’t know that I’ll ever love it.
36. My favorite TV show ever is Lost.
37. I could probably do 100 things I love about Lost.
38. I actually got into blogging because I used to read all of the Lost blogs and when it ended last season I needed something to fill that time- hence I found mommy blogs.
39. I asked Jesus into my heart and life when I was 12.
40. I was very backslidden and rebellious in high school and first 2 years of college.
41. I have since come around and realize that my life is so much better when I’m not trying to run it.
42. My biggest prayer is that my kids will come to know God early and never turn away.
43. I love to read.
44. I wish I had more time to get lost in books.
45. I’m in the magazine season of life- it takes me forever to finish a book these days.
46. I’m a magazine junkie.
47. I currently have 10 subscriptions and I’m thinking about adding another.
48. I care way too much about pop-culture.
49. I have gotten a lot better about not having to watch the pop-culture shows every single night.
50. God forbid I’m the last to know what’s going on with Brangelina.
51. My spiritual gifts are Faith, Discernment, and Compassion.
52. My love language is gifts.
53. Photography would be a hobby I’d like to pursue more if I had time.
54. I am so blessed to have 3 of my grandparents still living and in relatively good health- they all still live in their homes.
55. Few things make me happier than to see my kids taking care of each other and looking out for each other.
56. I used to be a volunteer for Meals on Wheels.
57. I quit when my dad got sick because it was something we did together.
58. I’m not sure if I’ll ever be able to do it again because it holds so many memories of my dad (who died in December of last year).
59. The chore I hate most is cleaning the bathroom.
60. A very close second is mopping the floor.
61. I have never broken a bone in my body.
62. I would love to visit Greece someday.
63. While I’m there I’ll hop on over to Naples, Italy- where Hubs spent some elementary years and all of highschool years.
64. My taste in music is very electic.
65. I like everything from classical, to Abba (obviously) to Jack Johnson, to Sarah Brightman. With some Christian music thrown in too.
66. If I won $10,000 (or any amount of money for that matter) I’d remodel our house.
67. I have so many things I want to do, but just don’t have the resources yet.
68. Hubs would pay off my van and put the rest in our 401k. How boring is that!
69. Other than Hubs, my sister is my best friend.
70. I love that our daughters are only 2 weeks apart in age- and as different as night and day.
71. My first concert ever was the Jets.
72. I was in 5th grade and my mom took me.
73. I gone to a bunch of concerts since- Lollapolluza several times in the mid-early 90′s, Smashing Pumpkins, Lemonheads, Matthew Sweet, Lillith Fair, Tom Petty, and it’s been so long that I can’t remember the others.
74. I saw Lisa Whelchel shopping at Kohls with her daughter (she lives about 15 minutes from where I live).
75. I’ve had the privledge of hearing her speak twice.
76. I loved Tom Cruise when I was in the 6th grade- back when he was married to Mimi Rogers.
77. He’s the only person I’ve ever written a fan letter to.
79. I have since come around and am not such a huge fan anymore.
80. I love coffee and drink it black.
81. I’m trying to only drink it on Sunday mornings- I hate being addicted to caffeine.
82. I always wanted 4 kids- until I had Baby #1.
83. After having him I decided that 2 would be plenty.
84. I’m so glad that God intervened and gave us Baby #3.
85. All of my kids are so precious and I can’t believe that God trusts me to be their mom.
86. I feel equally blessed to be my husband’s wife.
87. I have/had wonderful parents.
88. They were so good to me- even when I was a huge brat.
89. My dad taught me to always be true to your word- always do what you say you’re going to do.
90. He also taught me to never lie.
91. My mom taught me to relax and have fun in life.
92. I am a lot like my mom.
93. I haven’t made a single scrapbook or baby book for any of my kids.
94. I’ve decided to let that dream die- my kids will just have to be de